Although meditation has lots of health benefits, it is still different from proper medication. Meditation is generally for improving a certain person’s overall health while medication concentrates to a specific health problem. Some of their distinctive characteristics are:
- Meditation is absolutely natural – Meditation can also help in healing diseases, especially those that are connected in mind. The process is completely natural compared to taking medications. It might take time but it surely has the same effect. It cures mind-connected problems by relaxing your brain and efficiently eliminating them, it is an excellent help in preventing depression, impulsive mood swings, anxiety, and many more.
- Medication has an almost instant effect – In taking up medications, whether you are focused or distracted, the medicine would definitely take effect almost instantly depending on its severity. Unlike meditation, which might take up several hours in order for their body to absorb its effect.
- Meditation requires focus and concentration – In order to perform a successful meditation, they need to exert great focus and concentration. It is definitely much harder and more complicated than taking up medications.
- Medication is highly recommended for severe emotional diseases – Not all emotional and mental related diseases can be cured by meditation, it still depends on the severity of a particular mental or emotional problem. For severe emotional diseases, proper medication is highly advisable until it stabilizes. Then patients can choose if they still want to continue medication for their maintenance or want to switch to a natural way of meditation.
These two have their differences but they also have their similarities, and some of them are:
- Prevents minor emotional difficulties – Both meditation and medication can cure emotional issues such as depression, anxiety, and many more in their own ways. Patients can take prescribed anti-depressants or any other medicine that absolutely prevent these types of difficulties or they can choose meditation to relax their mind naturally and get rid of these unwanted and negative thoughts that complicates their problem. Both of these methods can absolutely resolve this problem of done correctly
- Promotes healthy body – Medication and meditation absolutely have one goal, to improve a certain person’s overall health condition. Both of them can either be your maintenance and they can also cure some types of minor emotional or mental problems.
- Positive outcome – Medicines are specially made to cure certain types of diseases as well as meditation. In short, they are made to have positive results. Some people even attends meditation programs in order to achieve their desired positive result while some people take up medications with the same objective. These two completely differ in process and method but they are both made to provide positive outcome and improvement.
Meditation and medication definitely have their differences and similarities but both of them only have one ultimate goal, to improve the patient’s mental or emotional health condition. Some people even say that combining these two with exercise and balanced diet would surely result to a vigorous outcome.
*Featured photo by Angelo M
Leave a Reply